Wednesday 1 February 2017

Today's Review: KFC Zinger Mini Fillets


I got through the KFC drive through today with very little resistance, so I didn't get the full opportunity to look through the new menu items. I was shown a glimpse of the Zinger Mini Fillets though, so I added some on top of my bucket and drove on home. It's later I found there's an entire Zinger Boneless Box, complete with Zinger fries, so now I wish I'd done my research before pulling up, but c'est la vie, that just means I need more KFC another day. But for now, I can give you my thoughts on the Zinger Mini Fillets. They're like Mini Fillets, but, you know, Zingered.

I was thinking these would pack the same kind of heat as a hot wing, but I was wrong, these are distinctly different. The spice isn't noticeable at first, but it creeps up pretty quickly, building to a pretty fiery heat, and enough of a peppery flavour to give it something of a salsa-like kick. At time I'd say it's hotter than the wings, but it all rounds out to a comfortable spice in the after taste. It's blended into the coating pretty well, it's a nicely covered bit of chicken. The only thing I would say is that the meat underneath seemed a little chewier than normal. I don't know if I got an off batch, or if there's something in the batter that affects the chicken slightly, but it wasn't too bad, just different. These fillets are a neat little addition to the Zinger range, one for those who like it spicy and boneless. Now I just have to try out those fries...

My rating: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment