Sunday 12 March 2017

Today's Review: Calippo Combo Strawberry & Vanilla


I don't often go for a Calippo, it seems to be one of the blander offerings in the ice cream world. I mean, they're nice, but who's gonna go for one over a Magnum? Not I. Unless it's a new variety that is, as evidenced by me hunting around the zoo today to find the one kiosk that had this Calippo Combo in stock. It's a two toned offering, one half is a strawberry flavoured ice pop, while the other is vanilla ice cream.

Yes, two different textures in one pack, I wasn't sure how that was going to work out. I figured the ice cream would deteriorate a lot faster than the lolly, or it would all get squished into an unrecognisable mess as I attempted to push the thing up to eat it. Turns out it actually works quite well, not perfectly, but better than I thought. The ice cream and strawberry stick work well together flavour wise, this is the creamiest Calippo you'll ever have, and the fruity flavour is ever present and pretty good quality. Walls know how to do ice cream, so even their vanilla is great stuff, and that's what's in this tube. There was a bit of unevenness in the ice cream/lolly pairing, and a bit of a mess while eating and polishing it off, but on the whole it's a pretty good combo, definitely a nice change from your regular Calippo. Try it out.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment