Tuesday 28 March 2017

Today's Review: Haribo Schuimblokken


Who wants a nice big bag of Schuimblokken? I did, apparently, and why wouldn't I? These things looked intriguing, and it's definitely a bag of Haribo I hadn't tried, so I snatched it up. Turns out Schuimblokken is something of a classic Dutch confectionery. and the name literally means "foam blocks". So without further ado, and casting aside my expectation of them tasting like fruit salad or rhubarb & custard, I dove right in.

Okay, these are odd. They're called foam blocks, and they are indeed foam blocks. Texture wise they're like something in between a marshmallow and a candy letter, with a flavour more like the latter. It's fairly hard, and has a satisfying snap when you bite into it, but soon softens up with some chewing. I guess if I were to compare them to any marshmallows I'd say they were like the ones you find in Lucky Charms, but the cereal dwelling ones are nicer. These Haribo ones are... well, they're not great. There's a nice sweet flavour in there, but the texture was just off, it was too dry and chewy for my liking, and I couldn't quite get on board with them. This is not a bag I'd pick up again, but it was an interesting ride. I'd say Haribo should stick with the Chamallows though.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment