Thursday 9 March 2017

Today's Review: McVitie's Hobnobs Mini Milk Choc Teacakes


Let's take a break from the sponsored content, I feel I've been drinking nothing but espresso lately. Perhaps it's time for a tea break, or shall we say teacake? Har har, yes, I've returned to these new McVitie's tubs. I've already tried out the caramel crispies and tiffins, but I still had to sample these teacakes, with a Hobnobs base no less. The biscuit is topped with marshmallow, and it's all covered in chocolate.

These are pretty good teacakes, although they could have put a bit of jam in there. The marshmallow is nice and fluffy, sweet, and there's plenty of it. The chocolate is a good coating that adds a bit of creaminess to the tub. The biscuit base is definitely Hobnob, a good oaty layer. It's a little dry, and while the marshmallow goes some way to relieving that, The flavour of the Hobnob does take over somewhat, it's a little dark, but as a whole the elements work together pretty well. These are some nice little teacakes, not as good as the tiffins, but still a valiant effort.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment