Thursday 23 March 2017

Today's Review: Tyrrell's Kale & Spirulina Corn Chips


I do love a good bag of Tyrrell's, and it seems they're branching out from potato chips to corn chips. I picked up this bag the other day, which seem to have been given a pretty healthy flavouring of kale & spirulina. Not that I've ever eaten either of those, but I figured I'd give them a go. Kale is a leaf, and spirulina is an algae, they sound natural and healthy enough. What could go wrong?


No, they're not mouldy, they're just green chips. At least, I assume that's how they're meant to look. They didn't taste bad, but then, they didn't taste fantastic either. There's a definite hint of flavour in there, and if I had to give that flavour a name it would be green, but it's not particularly strong. It's fairly nice, and the saltiness of the chips help it along, so this isn't a bad bag of chips, just different. The corn provides a nice grainy texture, and overall they taste pretty natural and healthy. I just wish there was a bit more flavouring. If you want some green chips, by all means try them out.

My rating: 3/5


1 comment:

  1. I bought some today along with another flavour as they were 2 bags for £1 at my local heron shop, they do look mouldy tbh they don't taste of much lol a bit of salt is all I can taste, not offensive but I would not buy these ones again

    ReplyDelete