Tuesday 30 May 2017

Today's Review: Finding A Hair While Washing Up

Washing up is a dirty job. Some people leave it to the dishwasher, but I myself don't have the space for such an extravagant appliance. So instead I spend most nights standing over the kitchen sink, wiping and scrubbing to my heart's content. Well, actually, until the washing up is done, I'm not content doing it.

I can't say I'm particularly keen on bits of food floating around my fingers while I'm trying to scrub, but it's something to be expected, an occupational hazard. What I cannot abide is when a hair finds its way into the bowl, and ends up on my finger. It doesn't even have to be wrapped round, just touching my finger is enough for it to stick there, a long, hairy intruder of unknown origin. It doesn't go away, even if I manage to get it off, it always comes back for more. So I lift my hands out of the water, attempt to pluck it off, and end up with it being stuck to another finger, like I'm in some sort of cartoon situation involving super glue.

Once my fruitless attempts at picking the thing off have been exhausted, there's only one thing left to do, flick it off with a shake of the hand, inevitably sending suds flying all over the place, because I'm too frustrated to just wipe my hands with a tea towel. Hairs are the worst thing to find in a washing up bowl. Why are they there? We don't eat hairs, which utensil or crockery did they end up in, and how? Just the worst.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment