Monday 22 May 2017

Today's Review: Kettle Chips Goats' Cheese & Balsamic Onion


Yay, it's time for another limited edition of Kettle Chips, and this one has goats' cheese, which is a cheese I love. I mean, I love pretty much all cheese, but goats' cheese especially. Also, there's balsamic onion in there, because cheese and onion go together like... cheese and onion? Anyway, I had high hopes for these crisps after scarfing down a fair few bags of Tesco's Finest Goat's Cheese & Chilli Jam crisps. Unfortunately, these disappoint. The goats' cheese is accurate enough in flavour, but there' just not much of it. I wanted something bold with a creamy kick, but I got a cheesy beginning that tapered off to just potato chip. The onion is there to pick up the slack a little, and it's a nice little additional flavour that kicks it up a notch, but it's all over too soon. With a little more seasoning these could be great, but if you're looking for some goats' cheese crisps, I'd go for the Tesco ones.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment