Wednesday 26 July 2017

Today's Review: Maryland Thins Salted Caramel


Thin biscuits are the new in thing. Just think about it, if you halve the thickness of the biscuit, you get half the calories, which means you can eat twice as much! Anyway, we have seen skinny versions of Oreos and Digestives, so now it's the turn of the cookie, and Maryland is leading the brigade with these Thins. I saw them in chocolate chip and this salted caramel variety, and of course I grabbed the latter, because caramel.

These were a bit odd at first, I must admit. You see, Oreos and Digestives have a pretty regular consistency. I know a Digestive can be a bit crumbly, but both of those transformed into a thinner version while still preserving the same texture and taste. These cookies don't handle it quite as well. You see, Marylands are pretty crumbly, while these thin ones are a bit more solid, and more brittle than crumbly. It's not a massive issue, it's just something I had to get used to while eating. They still taste like Marylands, there's just a different texture to them. The caramel pieces are pretty good, I could actually taste the salt unlike other "salted caramel" products I've tried. There are chocolate chips too, which round it all off pretty nicely with a nice hint of creaminess. Overall, it's a pretty good biscuit. A bit of a change from your classic Marylands, but a good job at a lighter snack. I'll most likely pick up the other flavour in the future.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment