Sunday 23 July 2017

Today's Review: McVitie's Digestives Banoffee Caramel


The banoffee trend is going strong, now it's even in our biscuits! There are two new varieties of Caramel Digestives, one with coffee, and this banoffee version. Of the two, this one tickled my fancy the most. The regular caramel ones are pretty great, all they had to do was add a bit of banana. I picked these up in Sainsbury's for the sweet sweet price of £1.

I wasn't expecting these to be too great, I think I've been burned by dodgy banoffee before. But actually, these are pretty good. The banana isn't the most natural I've tasted, but there's a definite hint throughout, a nice added sweetness that works pretty well with the caramel. It's a chewy biscuit, a little too much for my liking, but the flavouring is good, and it was pretty hard to stop eating these once I started. This is a very decent spin on the classic Caramel Digestives, I'll be hunting down the coffee ones when I get the chance.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment