Monday 10 July 2017

Today's Review Tiger Strawberry Boiled Sweets


Whilst casually glancing at the confectionery near the till at Tiger, I spotted an old but familiar pattern emblazoned on a small packet of sweets. Immediately my mind was transported to years long past, where I'd take the wonderful strawberries and cream Campino for granted, before they disappeared forever for an unknown reason. I've been searching for an alternative for a long time, and this was a glimmer of hope that I immediately snatched up. So, how are they?

Memories came flooding back as soon as I popped one of these in my mouth. An instant hit of strawberries and cream, a sweet and creamy texture, this is what I had been looking for, and it was amazing. Unfortunately, it didn't stay pure for long. The flavour carries on, yes, but there's something else that crept in as I sucked the sweet. It's something of a fresh taste, almost minty but not quite, and it stopped these from being the perfect sweet I'd imagined. It's not a deal breaker by any means, the base flavour is still the closest thing to Campino I've found, so I'll be popping back in to pick up more of these. If you're pining for lost sweets as much as I am, I recommend you check these out.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment