Sunday 20 August 2017

Today's Review: Fabric Conditioners That Don't Say "Fabric Conditioner" On The Label


I'll admit it, I don't do the washing all that often. It's not my area of expertise, I have taken command of other areas of the house. But from time to time I will stick a load of washing on, and while I don't consider it a gargantuan task by any means, there are some things that baffle me about the whole experience. The main problem is telling the difference between the detergent and the fabric softener. "Don't be a fool!" I hear you cry, "Just look at the label!" But that's the thing. Some of these bottles don't convey that information at all. 

I know it's an easy enough problem to remedy. The detergents are stocked separately from the softeners in the supermarket, fabric conditioners are produced by certain brands, and just look at all the clues on the front of the bottle there. There's a little girl wrapped up in a soft sheet, with a soft bunny. It says "soft embrace" underneath. Hell, one of the brands is "Comfort". I can ascertain what is a fabric softener with enough of a perusal of the bottle. Look, this one even tells me what it is eventually.

Right there. Can you see it? Maybe if you squint?
But why is this a thing? Why can't the front of the bottle just explicitly state what's inside? What if I'm doing washing in a hungover state, and my mental faculties are blunted? Just put it on the front! Why is this poor label design still a thing?!

Wow, I think I've become passionate enough about this. For all I know, I'm the only one that's encountered this problem. But it does infuriate me. Every time I need to follow clues to identify what I'm putting in my washing machine, I die a little inside.

My rating: 0/5


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's not just me! I always have to check and double-check when I'm shopping for laundry products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it's not just me! My boyfriend has been using this as detergent for days before clocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only buy Bold 2 in 1 (when its on offer) so i don't have to store bottles of separate detergent and conditioner...

    ReplyDelete