Friday 25 August 2017

Today's Review: Tropical Jelly Babies


I'll get it out of the way, I'm not a fan of Jelly Babies. That starchy coating just doesn't sit well with me, and after a few I start to feel a bit sick. But still, I couldn't resist picking up this bag, because it has new flavours, and tropical ones at that. So here we have banana, pineapple, mango, and... oh, that's it.

Yeah, three flavours in the whole bag. I guess that's better than one, but I figured there'd be at least four. But hey, quality over quantity, right? Well, these are okay. The pineapple is probably the nicest. It's not too intense, but it's a somewhat authentic flavour. The banana is pretty okay too, more of that confectionery banana flavour than a natural one, it's nice and sweet, but somewhat sickly so when paired with the jelly and coating. I was looking forward to the mango the most, and unfortunately it's pretty disappointing. There's a little fruity hint to it, I wouldn't say it's really mango flavoured though. Sadly, that's the lot. Maybe with another fruit or two these could have been better, but this is a mediocre offering of tropical flavours. 

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment