Saturday 16 September 2017

Today's Review: Baxters Spicy Slaw


I do love a bit of coleslaw, and while I would normally pick it up from the fresh aisle, this jar of slaw amongst the sauces and pickles caught my eye. It's a spicy slaw in a jar, which forgoes the mayonnaise for vinegar, mustard seeds and chillies. I figured I'd give it a go to see if it would spice up my lunches, and I'm happy to say that it does. It's nor quite as satisfying as fresh coleslaw, but it's a very decent effort for a topping in a jar. The vegetables are nice and crunchy, and the heat is at a nice level. It could do with being a bit spicier, but there's enough to provide a mellow warmth through whatever you shovel this stuff on top of. It's great in sandwiches, wraps, pretty much anything I've forked it on so far. A very decent spicy slaw, and good for storing in your cupboard in case of a coleslaw emergency.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment