Friday 15 September 2017

Today's Review: Jacobs Cracker Crisps Roast Beef, Red Wine & Shallot


I told myself I'd step back a little from the festive foods lining the shelves, if only because I've already tried most of them. So I'll wait a while for products to release (and hopefully go on offer) before I bombard you with Christmas fare, but these new Cracker Crisps could not escape my grasp. I mean, they're not specifically a Christmas flavour, although they're quite reminiscent of a meal you might sit down and eat in the winter months. Here we have the Cracker Crisp attempt at a beef flavour, although they've stepped it up a notch with the inclusion of red wine and shallot. Very fancy, but how does it convert to crisp form?

I have to say, for someone who doesn't generally like beef crisps, these are absolutely delicious. Munching through these I felt like Violet Beauregarde chewing on that dinner gum. These crisps taste just like a roast dinner! Not with all the trimmings, but with all the flavour of a well seasoned joint of beef. The meaty taste is ever present, but subtle enough to be pretty authentic, not like the overwhelming crisps you'd find in say a Walkers pack. The wine is on hand to add a dark, slightly sweet layer on top, which is nicely rounded off with a sweet kick of shallot, a slight oniony taste that pairs very well with all the other flavours. This is a pretty fantastic bag of Cracker Crisps, another one in the range that I highly recommend. I hope Jacobs bring more of these limited edition flavours out, they've all been pretty fantastic so far.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment