Wednesday 11 October 2017

Today's Review: Salted Caramel Matchmakers


Matchmakers are filling up the festive aisles once again, but this year there's a new flavour in town. Move aside mint, salted caramel is coming through. I thought the salted caramel trend was dying down a bit, but it's nice to see more stuff tackling it, especially if they do it right. Thankfully, this is one of those times. I wasn't entirely sure how much I was enjoying these as I made my way through them, but it turns out it was quite a lot, because before I knew it the whole box had gone. Oops.

This is one of those salted caramel products that actually tastes like it has salt in it. Combined with the classic brittle Matchmakers chocolate, it's a sweet, smooth flavour, with a nice salty hint that goes well with the crunch contained within. I'm not overly keen on Matchmakers in general, but these ones are probably my favourite. It's not a perfect flavouring, the salted caramel does fade at times, but on the whole it's a good effort, and a very moreish one. Keep an eye out for these, they might not be around for long.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I have a box I of these Sat in my fridge right now. I love matchmakers and salted caramel so when my beloved bought me a box I was as excited as my kids receiving a kinder egg. But they taste burnt, did yours have a burt after taste or have I got a bad batch and shouldn't I try them again? X

    ReplyDelete