Tuesday 19 December 2017

Today's Review: Boots Christmas Triple Sandwich


I'm really getting into the festive sandwich spirit lately, which is a good thing, because in a week I won't be able to find them anywhere. I popped into Boots for a cheeky meal deal, and chose this one out of their Christmas selection. It's a triple offering, containing turkey & stuffing, ham hock & plum chutney, and cheddar & red onion chutney. I was especially interested in that middle sandwich, but they all sounded pretty good to me.

Sandwich? More like blandwich. Yeah, these aren't fantastic. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad, but there's not much that particularly stands out. The turkey and stuffing are your regular fare, a classic combination, but one that I've had many times before. The cheddar and chutney is fairly mediocre, not quite a substantial amount of either to justify an entire sandwich, definitely the worst of the three. I was really looking forward to the ham hock, and while it's got a decent amount of meat, and a pretty nice fruity chutney, it still seems a little sparse. So what looked like a hearty Christmas feast wasn't quite up to scratch in my eyes. A decent enough festive change up from the regular Boots sandwiches, but nothing to write home about.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment