Tuesday 13 February 2018

Today's Review: Lamps With Weird Toggle Switches Close To The Bulb

I don't own a lot of lamps, but I do realise their usefulness. Sometimes all you need is a little bit of light to read a book or not stumble blindly around the room. Most lamps have a fairly easy to locate switch, normally along the wire that leads to the socket. But some lamps are baffling, and have that weird plastic toggle switch that blends in with the rest of the lamp, making you fumble blindly in order to get a bit of light.

I guess it makes sense from an aesthetic standpoint. Camouflaging the switch prevents some bulky switch sticking out of the sleek wire. But logistically it's not effective. Sometimes I spend a lot longer than I need to fumbling for a switch, and when I'm turning the ring off the switch's proximity to the bulb means it's really hot. I just don't like these cryptic switches. Give me something simple, and visible.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment