Saturday 7 April 2018

Today's Review: Haribo Ginger-Lemon


I found this rather odd bag of Haribo in an import shop last week, and just had to grab it because of how odd a variety it is. If someone asked me which flavour of gummy sweets I'd like to see, I wouldn't go for the medicinal combination of ginger and lemon, but someone had that idea and brought it to fruition, so here we are.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy these, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised, as was everyone else that I shared them with. The packet says these are ginger and lemon sweets, and they are exactly that. A tart, sweet lemon undertone, with a lovely little authentic kick of ginger that provides a lovely level of heat, one that sticks around for a while. It's a sweet combination, and works surprisingly well in gummy form. These are great, I can't fault them. An odd idea that's executed perfectly.

My rating: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment