Wednesday 4 April 2018

Today's Review: Things Being Just Out Of Reach Of Where You're Sitting

I like to sit down, relaxing is a fulfilling pastime. Nothing quite beats putting your feet up in front of the TV, except maybe lying in bed. I try and prepare myself fully for any relaxing time, ensuring I have enough drinks, snacks and remotes around me that I never have to abandon my sedentary position. But every once in a while I'll need something, only to find it's just out of reach.

Laziness at its finest, sure, but maybe I earned that laziness, and now there's a remote I left elsewhere, or a light switch that requires me to stretch slightly outside my comfort zone. This is why the clapper was invented, and most likely why home AIs are so popular now. You can dim the lights without moving a muscle, apart from your vocal chords. The moment a home robot can deliver stuff to your seat, that's it, no one will get up again. Because we are a species that loves to sit, and we have bent technological advances to our will to enable us to sit for longer. Because having things just out of our reach while sitting down really sucks. I don't care about Skynet, give me a robot that fetches my remotes.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment