Sunday 6 May 2018

Today's Review: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup 'Wich


It was a dark day in history when the Ben & Jerry's 'Wiches left the shelves, but a brief hiatus and they returned as good as ever, with a new variety to boot. Now there's another addition to the range, a 'Wich featuring the awesome Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, sandwiched between two chocolatey cookies. I couldn't wait to try these as soon as I saw them, so I ended up paying the full price, which is something I really don't like to do.

These are 'Wiches, so I knew they were gonna be good, and this is indeed a great combination of flavours. The chocolate cookies are great, soft and chewy with a nice smattering of chocolate chips. The peanut butter ice cream is smooth and creamy with a lovely nutty flavour, and there's yet more chocolate in the form of the cups spread throughout, which are in turn filled with more peanut butter. So yeah, there's a lot going on, and it's all delicious. There is perhaps a little too much chocolate, I wonder if these would be better with the regular cookies, the chocolate is a little overwhelming in places, detracting from the peanut butter experience. Still, these are great, and I'm hoping they're a sign of more flavours to come.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment