Sunday 20 May 2018

Today's Review: Halo Top Cinnamon Roll


I just had to give some more of this Halo Top a try. After all, it's the only way I can eat an entire tub of ice cream and not feel guilty. Well, not too guilty anyway. Most of the flavours I wasn't overly fussed about, especially vanilla, but this one definitely caught my eye. Cinnamon rolls, in low calorie ice cream form! I have lamented the loss of the cinnamon buns Ben & Jerry's for a while, so I was hoping this would fill the void.

Well, there are no chunks in this tub, I'll get that out of the way first. I mean, I didn't expect any, but a few chunks of something would have really kicked it up a notch. As it is though, this is a nice creamy ice cream, with a sweet and slightly spicy kick of cinnamon. It leans a little too much on the cinnamon side, but the ice cream itself does a good job of emulating that cinnamon roll icing, and it all pulls together really well in the end. A warming tub of ice cream, if that makes sense. One for the cinnamon lovers.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. ive still not managed to have any of these because every time i put them in my tesco order, by the time i get it, its' out of stock. last time they said they'd subbed for another flavour but that was mysteriously missing from my order! My local actual Tesco doesn't sell it it seems as the online delivery comes from a bigger store that I'm not willing to drive too just for ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete