Tuesday 4 June 2013

Today's Review: Ben & Jerry's Core: Peanut Butter Me Up


If there's one American food tradition that revolted me at first, it was the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But I have since warmed to it, and pretty much anything else peanut butter related. So imagine my joy when this flavour arrived on my modest British shelves. Peanut Butter me up is a peanut butter and vanilla ice cream, loaded with chocolate peanut butter cups, and with a raspberry jam core shoved in the middle. It's delicious.

It may not have the two separate flavours either side that other Core varieties have, but this ice cream packs a lot of punch. The ice cream is creamy and flavoursome, and the peanut butter cups add a nice salty kick. The core is wonderfully fruity and sweet, and when you combine all of them it's like eating some kind of amazing chocolate coated peanut butter jelly ice cream sandwich. This is certainly my favourite flavour in a long while.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment