Sunday 12 January 2014

Today's Review: Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeño


I've tried a few flavours of Cheetos over the years, but none have captivated me more than the crunchy varieties. Whether they be regular or hot, I have no problem annihilating an entire bag at a time, which is difficult, as I can't afford to buy entire boxes at import prices, or load up my suitcase upon returning from holiday. But today I managed to find my absolute favourite flavour of Cheetos, down the road at a Tesco Express. It was a good day.

Crunchy Cheetos are, in my opinion, far superior to their Wotsit-like regular counterparts. They're knobbly like Nik-Naks, but with a fantastically bold cheesy flavour. Crunchy, filling and satisfying. The hot variety, while built the same, have a tremendously spicy kick, which has proved too much for some people I've talked to, and certainly can get a bit intense if you can't stop yourself devouring the entire bag.


The Cheddar Jalapeño flavour lies somewhere in between. The flavour is bold and cheesy, but a bit more subdued than the flavoursome regular Crunchy Cheetos, and there is a lovely spice that isn't overly hot, but certainly tingles the tastebuds. It takes the best of both extremes and blends them into what may possibly be my favourite crisp. Cheesy, spicy, delicious. If you see a bag around, I'd highly suggest you grab one. Or more, you may not be able to stop yourself.

My rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment