Friday 7 November 2014

Today's Review: Kettle Chips: Cheshire Cheese, Red Wine & Cranberry



I'm really impressed with the amount of seasonal flavours that Kettle Chips manage to turn out, and I've counted three so far lining the shelves this Christmas. The stilton and port variety is very tempting, but I managed to find this cheshire cheese, red wine and cranberry for just over £1 at Morrissons, so I figured that would tide me over until Tesco reduce more of their Christmas stock. 

I was definitely looking forward to nice dark, fruity hints spread throughout my chips, but all I managed to taste was the cheese. There's a reason why "cheshire cheese" is in the big, bold writing, because that's really all I could pick up. I tried as hard as I could to identify something a bit more full and fruity, but to no avail. It can't just be me, as I passed the bag round a table of family members, and they all testified as to how predominantly cheesy these are. I mean, it's a nice cheese flavour, very bold, but not overpowering, but there's just nothing else to draw attention away from it. I'll definitely be looking to the other seasonal flavours to put me in a wintery mood, these really didn't do much for me.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment