Thursday 5 March 2015

Today's Review: Walkers Mixups Sweet & Salty Popcorn


Walkers have brought out a whole load of interesting snack bags under the name Mixups. They come in popcorn or crisp varieties, and offer a mixture of different snacks all chucked into one packet. There are many that I'd like to try out, especially the variety of spicy crisps, but since I was having a movie night with some friends, I grabbed most likely the blandest offering, this mix of sweet and salty popcorn. But hey, even if it is the least interesting, popcorn is a classic, right?

I wasn't sure how Walkers would fare with their popcorn making, but then I remembered they've already brought out some very nice ones under the Sensations brand. Those were all pretty bold flavours, but they were certainly a very good effort. So surely this popcorn will be up to the same standard? Well, yes, it's not bad at all. The kernels are all nicely popped, making for a lovely chewy popcorn, and they're all pretty flavoursome. The sweet ones are particularly nice, with a nice crunch that unleashes a fantastic sugary taste. However, the salted kernels are also packed full of flavour, and while I'm not overly against salty popcorn, I did find it overwhelmed the sweet in this bag, making for something of an imbalanced experience. That might be all well and good if you're a salted popcorn fanatic, but sweet has always held a place in my heart. 

This is some good popcorn, and is worth picking up if it's on offer. It is a little bland though, and it's probably not all that different compared to supermarket brands, so I wouldn't say it's worth its £2 RRP. I know that if I pick up some more Mixups in future, I'll be going for the more interesting varieties, such as the sweet and spicy popcorn. So watch this space, I'm sure I'll be tackling the other Mixups soon.

My rating: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. if you like eating carboard, grab a bag of walkers sweet and salted, you wont be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, they are taistless.

    ReplyDelete