Tuesday 20 October 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Milk Chocolate Sticky Puds


Ah, sponge puddings, they're classic, simple, a nice little mound of chocolate sponge, and some sauce to drizzle on top. What could go wrong? Especially when you put Cadbury into the mix, which is exactly what we've got here with these Sticky Puds. They sounded pretty good to me, so I couldn't wait to get these bad boys home and heat them up. Just 30 seconds in the microwave and you're good to go. Although 30 seconds sounded a bit quick to me, so I popped them both on a plate and blitzed them for a minute, 'cause I'm a rebel like that.


I couldn't quite achieve the artist's impression standard by popping these out of a small plastic container, but they don't look too bad anyway. These puddings consist of a chocolate sponge, drizzled with Cadbury milk chocolate sauce. Yes, just milk chocolate, not Dairy Milk chocolate, so purists need not apply. But I certainly expected these to satisfy my chocolate cravings, and they did to some extent. The sauce is pretty good, nice and gooey, but not too sickly, and definitely chocolatey. As for the sponge, it's not all that good. It's soft, but somewhat dry and a little stodgy. The sauce goes some way to moistening it up a bit, but that only really works for the outside, I was still left with quite a dry bit in the middle, which kind of dampened the whole experience for me. These are alright for a quick dessert fix, but they're pretty average, and not really up to Cadbury's usual standard. You should probably focus on your chocolate bars, guys.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. thx for info... keep writing and giving us an information... glhf for ur day!!!

    ReplyDelete