Tuesday 26 April 2016

Today's Review: Bulmers Blueberry & Lime Cider


There is a wide variety of ciders available on supermarket shelves these days, from a range of good quality brands. I normally go for the Rekorderlig or Kopparberg, but I do occasionally pick up a Bulmers. They're not normally the utmost quality, but they get the job done. But now Bulmers have brought out a blueberry and lime cider, and since I love blueberries with all of my heart, I couldn't wait to snag a bottle.

This cider tastes like blueberries, that's the first thing I noticed. It's a bold, very sweet flavour, that's full, juicy, and very fruity. It may have been a little too sweet just on its own, so it's nice that the lime is there as a constant presence to add a bit of tartness to mellow out the overall taste. So it's sweet, and a little bit sharp, but the lime doesn't intrude too much on the main focus, the blueberry is at the forefront and makes this one satisfying bottle of cider. I find often with some Bulmers flavours the fruit flavours give way to the alcohol quite quickly, making the overall taste quite bitter. This one holds up well throughout though, and the blueberry hangs around even in the aftertaste. This is a fantastic cider, and I'll definitely be picking up some more.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment