Monday 6 June 2016

Today's Review: Frijj Mango & Passion Fruit


Mango and passion fruit milkshake. No fancy introduction, this is weird, but compellingly so. I mean, I guess it's not so weird, fruit flavoured milkshakes aren't unheard of, strawberry is a staple milkshake flavour, so why not a more tropical one? I must admit, I've had a mango shake before, but that was more of the ice cream shake persuasion, while this one is the typical Frijj, mostly milk with some flavourings thrown in. So does this taste like mango and passion fruit, and if so, should this be a thing?

I must admit I wasn't expecting much from this, I thought the milk and fruit combination might be a little too odd. But making my way through the bottle was not a bad experience. The foremost flavour is, of course, the milk, but the flavourings provide a nice enough taste that is reminiscent of tropical fruits. I wouldn't say it's the most authentic flavour, and I wouldn't say it works perfectly with the taste of the milk, but this isn't bad by any means, it's just not great. It's different, but it's easy to see this won't be making its way into the classic milkshake flavour line up any time soon. Who knows, you might enjoy it, and while I probably won't buy another one, it was a nice enough experience. Keep pushing for those weird flavours though, guys.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment