Wednesday 14 December 2016

Today's Review: Manomasa Chipotle & Lime Tortilla Chips


This brand of tortilla chips has been around for a while now, but they only just seem to have gone on offer, which is always a selling point for me. These Manomasa chips come in a few interesting varieties, featuring olives, peppercorns and salsa. I went for the chipotle & lime, it's a fairly safe flavour, but I figured I could judge the quality of the chips, and I'm always up for a bit of chipotle.

Let's talk about the chips themselves. They're pretty good, a nice grainy texture with a nice natural corny flavour, they taste clean and well made. As for the flavouring, it could be better. With the first few chips, all I could really detect was the lime, and while it had a nice sharpness to it, it wasn't particularly strong, giving way to the chips themselves fairly quickly. As I made my way through the bag, a smokiness came through with a slight level of heat. Not very spicy at all, but the mellowness is pleasant enough. It's a shame the flavouring isn't a but more prominent, but these aren't awful. I wouldn't drop full price on them though, perhaps the other flavours are more deserving of praise, I'll try and make my way through them.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment