Friday 11 September 2015

Today's Review: Snyder's Hot Buffalo Wing Pretzel Pieces


I reviewed the jalapeño flavour of these pretzel pieces a while back, and found them to be quite exquisite. I've bought a few other packs since then, but the other day I spied this buffalo wing variety that I hadn't seen before, and on offer no less. I liked the other spicy pretzel pieces, so I was sure I'd enjoy these ones. Gimme that heat, Snyder's!

These are good, but not quite as good as I remember the jalapeño ones being. I don't know if it was just a problem with this specific bag, but there were some fairly sizeable chunks of pretzel in here. Not that it seems like a problem, but it turned out that way. The larger pieces were just more devoid of flavour than their smaller brethren, and it turns out in this bag that the flavour wasn't as bold as I hoped. Sure, there's a spiciness to them, a nice hot sauce flavour that provides a consistent level of heat, but throughout a good portion of the bag the taste of the pretzels themselves won out. Still, the pretzels aren't bad, they still have a great crunchy texture and are plentiful and filling. So while I was a little disappointed about the lack of heat, these still make for a good snack. Worth picking up, but if there are other flavours available, I'd go for them.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment